After months of worshiping virtually for the past six months our Sunday morning in-person services resumed on Sunday, September 13 at 10:00 a.m. Our worship experience will reflect the current Coronavirus situation. The following guidelines, mandated by New York State and the NY Annual Conference, may help you to know what to expect when you come to church on a given Sunday:
- The wearing of a mask is required. There can be no exceptions. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided. If you choose not to wear a mask, you will be asked to leave. If an individual refuses to wear a mask and will not leave, worship will be cancelled.
- Glove and hand sanitizing stations will be conspicuously placed at entrances to the sanctuary.
- Congregational singing is prohibited for the time being. Our music director, Evan Alparone, is preparing special presentations by our own individual choir members and guest soloists.
- Families and couples may sit together. But social distancing will be encouraged by the seating markings that the Trustees have put on the pews.
- Hymnbooks and Bibles will not be available. You may either bring your Bible from home or follow the scripture lessons as they are printed in individual church programs that will be distributed.
- Coffee Hour will not be held for the time being.
- Sunday School for adults and children will being at a later date.
- Social distancing will be encouraged.
These guidelines may feel restrictive to some people. Others may not feel comfortable in joining us for worship at this time. But our hope is that these guidelines will enable us to resume our in-person worship as we move toward a “new normal” in our church.
During the last five months, we have been connected as a church family through the daily “Call to Worship” emails. The “Call” will continue until such time as it is deemed redundant. If you would like to subscribe to this daily email contact us at email@example.com.
We hope to see you in the coming weeks in church. But if you are not comfortable in returning to church just yet, please let us know how we can best serve your spiritual needs. You can connect to us using firstname.lastname@example.org.